I would love to tell everyone we are financially independent and don’t have to make a living on the road, but that would be a lie. I would love to tell you that we are making a living off my writing, but we are not. We need additional income streams to survive while on this adventure, and that is the scary part about RV living.
So how are you making a living then?
- Savings-We knew we wanted to give this a 90-day trial. There was never a question about whether we were coming back to Clinton. The real question was when, so we saved enough money to pay our bills until we get back in January.
- Our main source of income during our trial is something called the Unbeetable Experience. We are working for the American Crystal Sugar Company harvesting sugar beets. We are working 12-hour shifts from 8:00 p.m. until 8:00 a.m. It is not for the faint of heart. It is labor intensive work outside in a wide-open field in North Dakota. Sandra and I are both tough, so we know we can make it through the season which usually only last around three weeks. This is a work camping gig that many have tried, and we wanted to experience it to see if we could do it. If you decide to signup, please put us as a referral.
- Affiliate links on our website is another income stream that we are working on as we speak. We have signed affiliate contracts with Amazon, WP Engine, Vintage Trailer Supply, Outdoorsy and Siteground. If you order products from these affiliate companies by clicking the red links in this article or the ads you see on the side of our website, we get paid a commission. We received $148.00 our first month from commission sales. So please when you order something from Amazon click through the ad on our page before you order. It doesn’t cost you anything and it supports our dreams.
- Arbonne International is a company that we have loved for a long time. We love their products and their emphasis on healthy living. I am drinking a shake made with their protein mix right now as I write. If you click on this length Sandra McDade-Arbonne my wife gets credit for whatever you buy. Better yet email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get you the information to sign up and sell the products for yourself, they have great commission plans. We love Arbonne.
- We are also selling T-shirts through a company called Sunfrog. We have actually sold two shirts over the last month. You can look at our current collection by clicking this link, Traveling RV Fools T-shirt Collection.
- We also highly recommend Harvest Host. We are planning on staying at some wineries on our way home from North Dakota.
Now you know. I am currently working on my first eBook as well. I haven’t decided how I will market it, but I have found a good way to keep me on task while I am on the road. I should be finished with it sometime in the first quarter of next year.
As you can see it takes a lot of different streams to make a living while on the road. Click on the links in this article and explore the products we are recommending. Many people we have met are retired, so they have pensions and retirement accounts, but if you are willing to step out of your comfort zone you can survive living the RV Life.
Thanks for all your support We love you guys!
P.S.-Don’t forget to order your Amazon stuff through the ad on our webpage. Christmas is coming fast!!
Please Signup below if you want to receive email updates from our Adventure. Our next blog is Six Things I Hate About Living in a Camper!